Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday Morning Update

Good morning.

The contractions subsided during the night. Dr Caskie came in around 6am and decided to back off on the magic baby juice (aka Oxytocin) for now to give Nancy a chance to rest. After a few hours, they turned it back on. The doc said the baby still looks very healthy and the contractions have looked good since they turned on the juice again. If the contractions don't get stronger in a few hours, then they will probably switch to the go-go baby balm.

It sounds like one way or another, the baby is coming today. We both feel rested and ready to go but slightly greasy and unkempt. We both got a decent night's sleep last night. I've figured out how to sleep in a chair and Nancy has gotten used to sleeping with tubes and monitors attached to her. Sleeping any other way may seem weird after this. We may need to refurnish our bedroom.

We're trying to coax the baby out by telling it there are fun things like toys and cute outfits that are waiting for it. If that doesn't work, we may start demanding that it come out now or it'll have to go sit in the timeout chair. That is what medical doctors like to call the "final straw". My apologies if this is too technical.

I think I'm forbidden from taking any more photos until there's a baby or until Nancy can take a shower. I'll see what I can do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell the baby about all the great music out here and the fact that Croweded House is planning a comeback tour...that would bring me out.

Frank Thomason said...

Maybe it's not coming out until Van Halen reunites.