Last week Katie and I played broomball at Kettler ice rink with my co-workers. Broomball is like ice hockey but without the skates or pads. You run around on the ice in your sneakers and hit a small inflated ball with "brooms" (sticks with plastic broom-shaped pieces at the end). Katie used her hockey stick instead. Everyone had a lot of fun. Katie and I mostly chased each other around the rink and took a rest in the penalty box. We also twirled around like figure skaters. I hope none of my co-workers has video of that. Afterwards everyone ate pizza and enjoyed beverages.
Here are some photos from our broomball game and some bonus photos from earlier this month. More photos are here.
In the penalty box.
She's either ashamed to be in the box or hiding.
Eating pizza with Debbie.
The post-game refreshments.
The Caps goalies get younger and younger.
The pads really do make you look bigger.
Here's a video explaining why broomball is the most popular intramural sport at Boston University.
No comments:
Post a Comment