Monday, November 22, 2010

Peter at Home

Nancy and Peter recovered so well that they let us go home a day early! We were very happy to go home but I think Katie was even happier. My parents took really good care of her while we were away but she missed us. She's been great around Peter and has made it her mission to make sure he always as a pacifier in his mouth, even if he is sound asleep. She likes snuggling with him and picking out his outfits (she thinks he looks best in pink).

Saturday was a typical night with a newborn. We had a few 2 hour naps squeezed in there somewhere. I sort of assumed that we'd know what to do with Peter since we already went through everything with Katie. But I quickly realized that I had forgotten nearly everything in the 3.5 years since Katie was born. One night in the hospital, his crying woke me up from a deep sleep and I faintly remember standing in front of his basinet and staring at him, trying to figure out what to do. I think I ended up going back to sleep and letting Nancy take over.

On Sunday my mom and I took Katie to the neighborhood park to play. We kicked the soccer ball and then she looked for bugs with the other kids that were there (btw, November is not the best month for bug hunting).

On Monday we took Peter to his doctor for his first check-up. Everything looked good. He has hip dysplasia which I think means his leg bone is not connected to his hip bone. Actually, it's not as bad as that. His left hip is slightly misaligned and he'll need to wear a contraption for a few weeks after which he'll be the hippest kid on the block.

And now for the numbers... Peter is in the 75th percentile for weight, 97th percentile for height, and 50th percentile for head size. I think that roughly equates to a power forward or a hockey defenseman.

Here are some photos from days 4-6. More photos are here.

IMG_0825
Katie helps read Peter a story.

IMG_0826
Nap time!

IMG_0828
Watching football with Grandpa.

IMG_0829
Snuggling with Grandma. Katie set up the mobile on the couch.

IMG_0831
Quality time with sis.

IMG_0833
Peter studies the Caps logo.

IMG_0837
Peter serenades us from his changing pad.

IMG_0860
Cuddling with Mama.

IMG_0852
Cuddling with Sis.

No comments: